Job Title: Sewing Supervisor-
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Manufacturing
Provide effective Leadership, clear direction, and continuous motivation over area of responsibility to produce first quality garments in a cost efficient, timely and safe manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct, plan, and control, the garment production department to achieve set objectives.
- Manage production performance to include attainment, efficiencies, cost, and quality goals.
- Maintain time and production records.
- Follow line balancing procedures to ensure good production work flow to achieve daily goals.
- Communicate daily production status and changes to employees as needed.
- Perform administrative functions that include Production, Quality, Cost Efficiencies, Safety reports and HR documentation.
- Hold employees accountable for following company policies and procedures and address employee relation issues.
- Ensure that proper work assignments are issued according to need.
- Participate, support, and encourage safety programs.
- Enforce safety rules and regulations in assigned work department.
- Conduct accident investigations and implements approved recommendations in conjunction with EHS Manager.
- Conduct weekly departmental inspection to identify possible hazards.
- Participate in production meetings.
- Communicate information or changes within the organization to employees.
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow
- Issue written and oral instructions to employees as needed.
- Assign duties and examine work for exactness, neatness, and conformances to policies and procedures.
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers.
- Resolve grievances.
- Interview and hire new employees.
- Supervise and monitor staff which involves direct and indirect responsibilities for training, motivating, counseling, conducting performance evaluations, developing goals and developing procedures to ensure achievement of goals in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Continually provide feedback for both positive and negative performance.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job analysis are representative of the skill, and/or ability required.
Education: High school diploma or GED.
Experience: Three years related experience and/or equivalent combination of experience and education.
Specific Skills: Mathematics, communication, problem solving and people skills.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: First Aid/CPR Certified.
Other Skills and Abilities: English proficiency required/ Spanish proficiency helpful. Effective oral and written communication skills required. Ability to use general office equipment (i.e. facsimile, photocopy, and/or related office peripherals). Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
Physical Demands: Frequently sits bends, kneels, and reaches out with hands/arms. Must be able to lift/move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: Regular works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.