Job Title: Quality Engineer
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Manufacturing
Assist the Quality Manager with the development of PFMEAS, quality control plans, SPC, process capabilities and ensure that these documents align with recognized Quality Management System as well as Government policies and procedures. In addition, also provide technical support to operations, both internal and external customers and suppliers as needed. Provide training as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and initiate standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Devise sampling procedures and designs, and develop forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data.
- Establish program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment.
- Direct workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning material, product, or process quality and reliability.
- Develop training to build quality awareness.
- Interface with Engineering and Operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products are in accordance with approved data.
- Comply and write training material and conduct training sessions on quality control activities.
- Define, specify, and implement quality standards and procedures for manufacturing processes.
- Perform MSA and process capability studies for key and significant characteristics.
- Assure that product shipped meets internal and external customer requirements.
- Completes Quality Engineering assignments with minimal supervision.
- Assist with QMS Maintenance.
- Root cause analysis and implementation of corrective action for process related concerns including verification activities.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job analysis are representative of the skill, and/or ability required.
Education: Bachelors degree from accredited university. Engineering degree in related field.
Experience: Two years work experience in apparel or sewing related industries or related experience and /or training.
Specific Skills: English proficiency required/ Spanish proficiency helpful. Skills and knowledge related to apparel or sewn products manufacturing is helpful. Must be able to read and comprehend construction specifications.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Ability to read and understand blue prints, specifications, and requirements. Knowledge of assembly operations, gauging, and quality assurance systems (ISO 9001, AS9100) Certified ASQ or CQA is preferred. Demonstrate experience in implementing principles as SPC, Six Sigma, and detail knowledge of Lean manufacturing, Kaizen, etc.
Other Skills and Abilities: Effective oral and written communication skills are required. Proficient in PC applications (MS Office, PowerPoint presentations, etc.)
Physical Demands: Frequently sits, bends, kneels, and reaches out with hands/arms. Must be able to lift/move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: Both factory and office environment.
Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.