TITLE: Supply Chain Manager
POSTING DATE: 2-15-18
POSTING DEADLINE: Until filled
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
Monday-Thursday: 7:00am-5:00pm Friday: 8:00am-5:00pm
The Supply Chain Manager (SCM) provides timely and effective supply chain expertise and offers support to all logistical functions of the organization. The SCM also implements, manages and oversees various supply chain processes, controls, and procedures; the SCM ensures compliance with company policy as well as standard accounting practices. The SCM is tasked with ensuring material shortages and logistics costs are kept to an absolute minimum. Safety, quality, delivery, product integrity, cost and lean asset management are key process functions required of this position. The SCM recommends and implements processes, embraces lean thinking, and promotes positive change.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review current supply chain business processes, policies, practices and procedures. Modify as needed. Recommend lean alternatives and modern approaches to complex logistics problems.
- Manage supply chain functions centrally and implement systems and other support structures to facilitate standard processes.
- Implement proper supplier database processes to facilitate quotation and procurement processes.
- Monitor supplier performance and develop new suppliers.
- Provide applicable training, coaching and knowledge-sharing to all relevant personnel of ReadyOne Industries.
- Recommend improvements to productivity, quality, and efficiency.
- Manage processes for Shipping, Receiving, Procurement, and Warehousing
- Working with Finance, manage purchasing inventory and, if need be, make recommendations for disposal and liquidation of assets.
- Manage inventory levels, optimize inventory levels and turn. Optimize cash flow by employing JIT methodologies and lean thinking.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure contingency stock to meet customer demands in times of manufacturing surge or short commodity supply.
- Create and maintain delivery schedules. Work closely with Manufacturing and Operations teams.
- Manage a team of varying size, skill, and responsibilities. Develop, mentor, train and share knowledge and best practices among vendors and customers.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job analysis are representative of the skill, and/or ability required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Experience: Five years of experience in Supply Chain Management. Experience in setting up Supply Chain Management systems, procedures and practices within a multi project environment. Global awareness, good business ethics, and an understanding of legal contracts, especially for the US government or DOD.
Specific Skills: Must have good verbal and written skills along with mathematical skills. Must be able to communicate with outside suppliers and departments. Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word. Must have a sound understanding of lean thinking and lean accounting.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts. Negotiating skills helpful.
Other Skills and Abilities: Effective oral and written communication skills required. Ability to use general office equipment (i.e. facsimile, photocopy, and/or related office peripherals). English/Spanish proficiency helpful. Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word. Prior knowledge in using ERP system.
Physical Demands: Frequently sits, bends, kneels, and reaches out with hands/arms. Must be able to lift/move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift/move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: Office environment.
To apply for this job please visit www.roicomusa.com.